Carri Beth Photography specializes in newborns and young children. Located in Ortonville, Mi. (southeastern / mid Michigan). Serving Metro Detroit and Mid Michigan, (Oakland, Genesee and Lapeer counties).

Friday, October 19, 2012

My Little Bit Of SUNSHINE On A Rainy Day | Ortonville, MI. | ChildPhotographer

Sometimes I wish that I could keep my clients on-call for those moments when the planets align, and the perfect opportunity to photograph someone arises.  Alas, it is unreasonable for me to expect anyone to be able to QUICKLY get their children ready at the snap of my fingers.  (I think all of us moms can attest to the fact that it is nearly ALWAYS an absolute IMPOSSIBILITY.  Lol).  Lucky for me, I have a very willing, (most of the time), and very cute little girl at my beckon call.  ;D

This past weekend, I was sadly forced to cancel two sessions, due to rain.  :(  It was unseasonably warm, and would've been perfect for photographing some little beauties, but the rain just would not let up...........until............much later in the day it miraculously stopped.  Knowing that there was no way to know how long the break would last, and coming to grips with the fact that I cannot get clients to a location at the drop of a hat, I enlisted my own beauty to help me satiate my need to shoot that day.  

So, I snatched up my baby girl, still in her jammies (aka, undies, lol), enjoying a lazy day at home, and I put her in a new combo of two separate outfits that have been hanging around for a while.  I must say, I like the way it turned out, but that may be because Maddie could make a garbage bag look cute.  She got ready so quick, and even let me curl her hair.  Unfortunately, the curls didn't last long in the damp evening air, but she looked adorable regardless.  Tell me if you cannot tell that she LOVES hamming it up for the camera.  She has her moments, like any other kid, but she is just so naturally spontaneous.

Since this was an impromptu shoot, we hadn't planned a location.  Luckily, if you're really looking for it, you can find beauty in just about any location.  These photos were taken in two unassuming locations that we happened upon while quickly running an errand before our spur of the moment photo shoot.  I pass both of these spots on a daily basis, and I must admit that I didn't notice either of them, or how beautiful they are, until I was looking for the perfect spot.  Wouldn't it be great if we all took more time, day to day, to actually LOOK at the beauty around us?  I thought that my creative eye was turned on by default, (I am constantly eyeballing cute shooting spots), but even I have overlooked some of the natural allure that my local surroundings provide.

I am sad that my sessions had to be canceled that day, but I am forever thankful that I have been reminded to open my eyes.  And I am grateful that I had my mini me to add a little bit of sass to the mix.  :)


I love this shot!  My perfect little model.  :)


That's one of my favorite smiling faces EVER!
(There are two more at home that aren't quite as thrilled about being in front of my camera, but that doesn't make me love their smiling faces any less.  :)






Contact Carri at:
Email:  carrimullins@carribethphotography.com
Phone:  (248) 678-3601

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Carri for more info, or to set up an appointment.

Email: carrimullins@carribethphotography.com
Phone: (248) 678-3601