Carri Beth Photography specializes in newborns and young children. Located in Ortonville, Mi. (southeastern / mid Michigan). Serving Metro Detroit and Mid Michigan, (Oakland, Genesee and Lapeer counties).

Monday, January 21, 2013

Digging Out the Archives | Gaines, Mi. Newborn Photographer

As excited as I get with each and every session I do, I don't always find time to blog about them.  Now it happens to be the slower time of year, so I thought this might be the perfect time to catch up on some beautiful babies that got left behind.  Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing some of these sessions for all to enjoy.

We are going to start with precious little Owen.  He was the tiniest little thing.  At over a month old, this little guy was still only in the 5lb. range.  He is just the sweetest little thing, and he fit perfectly into the green setup below.  He looks like a little pea in a pod.  Owen is the youngest son of some friends of ours, so when we were finished with the session, the rest of my family came over, and we all hung out for the night.  All the while, I had a nagging feeling that there was a shot that I was missing.  I came in knowing that daddy is a big fan of baseball, more specifically, he's a BIG Detroit Tigers fan, and I had intended on doing a photo to showcase this, but it had been pushed aside to make way for the chaos of having six kids in one house......and to make time for some horseshoes for the guys, while it was still light out.  It comes down to the end of the night, and still, I cannot shake the feeling that I HAVE to do this picture.  I guess it's just that urge that people get when they think of something that they believe will be fabulous, and cannot rest until they do it.

So, at 10 o'clock at night we decide to setup the backdrop, and tell daddy to change into something suitable.  I have lost all remnants of the natural light that I am so used to, but lucky for me, I always bring my flash with me.  Dad comes out in his team gear, and I nestle little Owen into Daddy's baseball glove.  I cannot believe how perfectly his little bottom fit into that mitt.  You might say, he fit "like a glove".  ;P  Ok, sorry, that is a little of what my husband calls "Carri humor."

A few quick snaps, and we were done.  I finally felt satisfied with the shoot, and when I went through the images and came to the baseball pic, I knew that it was WELL worth the wait.  Not only did I love it, but Daddy LOVED it, and it seems to be a favorite with many who have seen it.  I am so glad that we did it.

Enjoy the images of little Owen, and remember to check back to see more beauties from the archives.  :)









Contact Carri at:
Email:  carrimullins@carribethphotography.com
Phone:  (248) 678-3601

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Contact Carri for more info, or to set up an appointment.

Email: carrimullins@carribethphotography.com
Phone: (248) 678-3601